Tuesday, November 18, 2008

IF Hillary Clinton accepts Secretary of State position

Jumping the gun, The BBC is reporting that Hillary Clinton has accepted President-elect Barack Obama's offer to be his administrations Secretary of State. I think this is mere speculation; but, if eventually true, is wonderful news.

Hooray, if so. A brilliant move on Obama's part, and a wonderful decision on Clinton's. I think they'll benefit each other, and Clinton's rapport (and that of her husband, Bill) will serve to help revamp and restore America's international reputation. An improvement in that area is sorely needed, and I believe Hillary is the woman for the job. So, if she does indeed end up accepting it, I think its a good pick.

Its too soon to say, but I think things are shaping up to make Obama's administration a good start toward bringing about needed and promised change.

No comments: